Thursday, November 5, 2015

Temporary Road Closures at I-40 Thursday Night

A portion of Interstate 40 will be closed tonight, Nov. 5 to replace fiber cables located just east of the Wolf River bridge. 

The effected areas of I-40 include:

  • Westbound:
    I-40 all lanes at Sycamore View, plus the Sycamore View ramp to westbound I-40.

  • Eastbound:
    I-40 all lanes at Wolf River Bridge, which includes eastbound Sam Cooper, the eastbound fly-over and eastbound I-240 to I-40.


The first closure will begin at 10 p.m. and last about 30 minutes, after which traffic will be allowed through.

A second closure will begin at 11 p.m. and also last about 30 minutes.

During the time that the work is being performed, TDOT is encouraging drivers to use SRE-385 between I-40 and I-240.

After this work is completed, these portions of I-40 will resume regular traffic flow. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...